NMO is a humanitarian organization implementing several programs in WASH, Food Security and Livelihood, Shelter, Education and child protection Program in Yemen since 2012, with funding from different donors.
Nahda Makers Organization is looking for an efficient and qualified person to fill the post of Civil Engineer Assistant to carry out the following tasks:
1.Conduct assessments, calculating BOQs and drawings as well as estimating the budget of the rehabilitation process.
2. Conduct regular field visits to construction sites and oversee rehabilitation activities to assess compliance with design, drawings and specifications.
3. Monitor the compliance of contractors and subcontractors of construction activities with the established technical requirements, procedures and quality standards.
4. Support the Engineer Officer to prepare and calculating the bill of quantities as well as estimating the budget.
5. Prepare progress and technical reports.
6. Analyze project progress and determine expected delinquency.
7. Ensure project bidding bills of quantities are accurate and reasonable and within the market price.
8. Participate in technical need assessment mission for new projects.
9. Represent NMO with communities, local authorities, site partners, and other stakeholders.
10. Assist other NMO teams with conducting assessments of any new projects in the target area.
11. Perform any other duties assigned by the Engineer Officer in order to advance NMO's interventions.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or construction.
• 2 years’ experience in construction and rehabilitation works.
• Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills. Positive attitude towards working in Teams. Solid planning skills and dealing with implementation challenges and finding solutions.
• Strong computer skills in MS Word, Excel PowerPoint, and AutoCAD or other design software.
• Good in written and verbal English and Arabic is required.
• Problem solver and, hard-working with the ability to work under pressure.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and can cope with a stressful workloads.
• Takes personal responsibility for issues that arise.
Interested candidates shall apply through the below link with attach the CVs