Title of Position: Logistic Officer
Duration: Annual contract
Location: Aden with visit to the field within NMO operation areas
Reporting to: Logistic Manager
Supervision: Logistic Assistants
NMO is a humanitarian organization implementing several program in WASH, Food Security and livelihood, Shelter, Education and child protection Program in Yemen since 2012, with funding from different donors.
Nahda Makers Organization is looking for an efficient and qualified person to fill the post of Logistic Officer to carry out the following tasks:
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Prepare monthly and periodic plans and reports for the procurement department.
2.Follow up and supervise the movement of PRs according to the procedures adopted in the organization.
3. Verify and coordinate procurement plans after submitting them from budget holders and approving them.
4. Approve procurement and services requests, which is submitted from different departments.
5. Participate in the approval of quotations, analysis offers, PRs and contracts, and follow up the implementation of the process.
6. Verify all tenders’ documents.
7. Manage the suppliers’ evaluation process according to the relevant system, including verify the current contracts and contracts renewal dates.
8. Plan and implement trainings and sessions on procurement procedures for staff by coordination with HR.
9. Follow-up customs clearance for any external purchase.
10. Build and develop occupational and neutral relations with suppliers.
11. Participate in the preparation of the annual plan, procurement strategies and propose adjustment in the current procedures.
12. Follow up the process of updating goods price list and services.
13. Continuous communication with the warehouse department regarding the shortage of stocks and the extent capacity of warehouses and the movement of stock.
14. Ensure that all process related to procurement management are documented (soft and hard copies) and save them according to the procedures adopted in the organization.
15. Maintain confidentiality of specifications and quotations, which provided by suppliers.
16. Carry out any other relevant task as requested by the line manager.
1.Bachelor's degree in Administration / Accounting or any other relevant field.
2. A minimum of two years' experience in procurement in humanitarian organizations.
3. Ability to plan, organize and work in a results-oriented way.
4. Effective communication skills in both languages (Arabic / English).
5. Skills of negotiation and dealing with suppliers.
6. Ability to manage multiple tasks.
7. Ability to manage team.
8. Ability to self-control and work under pressure.
9. Ability to prepare reports.
10. Dealing with electronic systems and computer programs.