Duration: Annual contract
Responsible from: Head of programs
Nahda Makers organization (NMO) Summary:
NMO is a humanitarian organization implementing several program in WASH, Food Security and livelihood, Shelter, Education and child protection Program in Yemen since 2012, with funding from different donors.
Nahda Makers Organization is looking for an efficient and qualified person to fill the post of Information Management officer to carry out the following tasks:
• Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
• Ensure proper filing of documents.
• Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
• Work closely with all sectors to support with collecting, collating, presenting and otherwise managing information for MEAL related reports.
• Responsible for establishment and day-to-day management of a database and monitoring system.
• Establish good practice of mobile data capture from design and form building.
• Support and contribute to the development of a data management system through documentation, implementation and coordination of standardized information flows.
• Support analysis, reporting and visualization of data capture efforts by field teams.
• Capacity building and training implementation of program staff on information management tools and processes.
• Responsible for productions of maps & other geographic information products in coordination with project teams as well as charts and info-graphics materials.
• Ensure the project teams update all program progress in the system on time, and all project data is uploaded.
• Produce monthly progress reports of project including accurate comparison of targets versus achievement.
• Maintain proper filling system and storage of project documents and ensuring security of all document whereby only relevant staff have access to needed information.
• Responsible for data analysis and compilation of quarterly, annual program data and reports.
• Support in the development of MEAL tools as required.
• Research and retrieve data from internal and external sources; prepare the statistical charts, tables and reports as required.
• Prepare information as requested by MEAL team and program staff and create dashboard or for easy data presentation while ensuring consistency in response.
• Maintain up to date beneficiaries' database in collaboration with core competency focal points and MEAL team.
• Participation in meetings or training with donors.
• Ensure adherence with NMO policies, tools, and guidelines.
• Other activities agreed and discussed with the Program Manager, and the MEAL Officer.
Qualifications and Skills
• A Bachelor degree in information technology or related subjects.
• Minimum 2 years' experience working in information management.
• Experience in Information Management field in a humanitarian/recovery context.
• Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
• Good command of GIS software (Arc Map) and other data visualization software.
• Data collection and Analytical Skills, using SPSS or STATA.
• Practical experience in dealing with electronic data collection, using Kobo tool.
• Attention to details
• Very good use of Microsoft applications and specially Excel.
• Strong knowledge of English.