Location : Aden with frequent visit to the field within NMO operation areas.
Type of contract: Annual contract
Responsible from: Head of programs
Nahda Makers organization ( NMO ) Summary:
NMO is a humanitarian organization implementing several program in WASH, Food Security and livelihood, Shelter, Education and child protection Program in Yemen since 2012, with funding from different donors.
Nahda Makers Organization is looking for an efficient and qualified person to fill the post of Education Program manager to carry out the following tasks:
Education program manager will be responsible to supervise all education projects, monitor the quality of implementation and reports, control the budgets and ensure the commitment to agreements obligations and deadlines participate in proposal writing and fund raising for education; and support and improve the capacity of projects teams.
1. Provide technical support and supervision to ensure effective implementation of assigned projects as per workplans, budgets, timeline and contractual obligations.
2. Design and improve relevant technical monitoring and implementing tools and plans to ensure quality projects implementation.
3. Manage educations projects teams and support their capacity to ensure delivery of agreed goals, plans and strategies as per NMO and cluster policies, procedures and standards.
4. Ensure that all Education field staff understand and are able to perform their role, identifying areas of development as noted earlier.
5. Ensure project activities are on track, including developing and implementing solutions as necessary.
6. Manage projects budget and spending with adherence with donor and NMO finance and logistic procedures and policies.
7. Prepare, review and ensure the quality of projects documents and reports with submitting to meet the agreed deadline.
8. Frequent travel to other governments to attend projects sites and provide support to teams as needed.
9. Facilitate the implementation MEAL and Media plans (including databases and data collection; outcome and impact evaluation; success stories, project media coverage ).
10. Support needs assessments activities including develop the tools, training teams and participating at the field level.
11. Work with the Education and MEAL team to develop M&E and indicator tracking plans for the Education Program, inputting into the development of additional M&E tools as necessary to monitor project progress.
12. Develop new project proposals related to Education and Child Protection, building on lessons learned, needs assessments, and coordination with key stakeholders.
13. Participate in implementation of NMO strategies plan.
14. Represent NMO in coordination meetings, attend Education Cluster and Sub-cluster meetings, working groups and education external relationships.
15. Perform any related task that requested from line manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• University degree relevant to Education, Child protection or International Development studies or related areas.
• 3 years' experience in implementing education and child protection in emergencies programming.
• Demonstrable experience of project management, and understanding of donor compliance.
• Demonstrable technical expertise in the assessment of, design and delivery of programming in Education, including monitoring and evaluation.
• Fluent in written and spoken in Arabic and English.
• Strong understanding and demonstrated ability and experience to train others on international standards related to education including INEE Standards and other international humanitarian standards (Sphere etc.)
• Excellent communication skills with all actors.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and can cope with stressful workload.
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skill
• Passionate and self-motivation toward community development.
• Excellent presentation, preparation and delivery skills.
• Demonstrate high respectful and commitment of NMO internal procedures.