Job Title: Finance Assistant
Reporting to: Finance Officer
Location: Wadi Hadramout with frequent visits to Aden
Deadline: 12 November 2023
NMO is a registered national NGO with the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labor No 284. Our mission is to take the lead to empower communities in Yemen through humanitarian response and sustainable development programs in a professional way through effective partnerships. NMO started its activity in Yemen since 2012, and has been implementing projects in 5 sectors namely FSL, Education and Child Protection, WASH and Health, Shelter and CCCM, and Governance and skill-building.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Examining the statements related to the accommodation and travel allowances and the statements of the survey and evaluation teams’ dues, verifying the validity of the operations, data, and amounts, and signing them
- Checking and signing the paper transfer statements for the beneficiaries and matching them with the Excel statements sent by the programs
- Communicate with project and Human resource managers and send copies of remittance numbers of statements so that they, in turn, inform recipients of their remittance numbers and other receipt information.
- Make a detailed report of the received and pending transfers based on the statements confirming the receipt of the transfers by the exchange company
- Archive all remittance statements and reports confirming receipt of remittances electronically for reference when needed
- Transfer papers of purchases, services, salaries, taxes and insurances after completing all examination and exchange operations and stamping them with the (paid) seal of the organization to the financial restriction assistant
- Going to the project sites in the governorates to inspect the mechanism for disbursing financial dues to beneficiaries by the exchange company
- Maintain the confidentiality of work information, documents and numbers and do not share them with any non-concerned party, internally or externally
- Preparing all financial reports for donors, bank reconciliations and their annexes for direct responsibility
- Active participation in the periodic meetings and gatherings of the organization
- Investing in opportunities and resources for self-learning and developing a network of professional relationships to raise specialized competence
- Archiving his documents according to the archiving system used in the organization
- Follow occupational safety and health instructions while performing tasks
- Submit proposals and perceptions that would raise the level of performance in the organization and inform the concerned persons of any matters that may affect the integrity, impartiality, and reputation of the organization
- Compliance with the organizational systems, procedures, principles, and values adopted by the organization
- Perform other duties related to the field of the job and as requested by the line manager
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or any related field
- One year to two years experience in working with humanitarian organizations in the field of Finance
- Intermediate level in written and spoken English
Skills and Qualities
- Good knowledge of the approved laws, regulations, and instructions related to the job related to the work of the organization
- The ability to learn quickly and self-growth
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to travel independently to the targeted governorates when required
- Strong task management skills including attention to detail to achieve timeliness and required quality
- Ability to work independently, problem-solving and make decisions skills
- High skills in coordination, communication, persuasion, and presentation
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Honest, hardworking, and committed to community development
- Ability to submit work on time under intense deadlines
- Must be able to submit documentation confirming ability to work legally
- Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position.
- For the first time applying please click sign up and follow the instructions.
- Make sure filling all the required information and attach a copy of your CV.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.