Job Title: Field Engineer Assistant
Reporting to: Field Engineer Officer
Sector: Education and Child protection Program
Location: Mukha (With field visits to Taiz and Hodeidah)
Contract Duration: 5 months
Deadline : 26 April 2022
NMO is a registered national NGO with the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labor No. 284. Our mission is to take the lead to empower communities in Yemen through humanitarian response and sustainable development programs in a professional way through effective partnerships. NMO started its activity in Yemen since 2012 and has been implementing projects in 5 sectors namely FSL, Education & Child protection, WASH/Health, SNFIs/CCCM, and Governance and capacity-building.
NMO is looking for an efficient and qualified person to fill the post of Field Engineer Assistant to carry out the following tasks:
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and conduct technical assessment of construction/rehabilitation works in schools and other facilities.
- With support from The Field Engineer officer, develop technical designs, detailed bills of quantities (BOQ) with estimated costs, drawings and structural calculations for the construction/rehabilitation works required in line with the existing local, national, international standards, education cluster construction policy.
- Ensures the quality control of works, compliance with quality standards and specifications, safe construction practices.
- Verify incoming materials are of the highest quality and from the acceptable country of origin (as required).
- Ensure the compliance with the construction safety measures during the implementation with considering the preventive measures in construction during COVID.
- Seek and obtain appropriate government (MoE/GEO/DEO) sign-off on works at the critical stages, especially at the start and completion.
- Monitors, documents and reports the progress of construction, cost and quality by using checklists or other supervision and management tools prepared for the construction activities to ensure timely, cost effective and quality delivery of the works.
- Writes and submits weekly activity reports and files visit reports at critical points of the construction/rehabilitation works.
- As required, support emergency planning processes and response.
- Following up the contractor's daily construction/rehabilitation activities in the targeted schools.
- Preparing the required reports and sending it to the direct supervisor.
- Active participation in periodic meetings of the organization.
- Investing in opportunities and resources for self-learning and developing a network of professional relationships in a way that raises specialized competence.
- Follow safety and health instructions while performing tasks.
- Raise suggestions and perceptions that would raise the level of performance in the organization and inform the responsible persons of any matters that may concern the integrity, impartiality and reputation of the organization.
- Compliance with the systems, procedures, principles, and institutional values followed in the organization.
- Performing other duties related to the job as requested by the line manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- university Degree in Civil Engineering or relevant disciplines/closely related fields.
- At least 1 years of experience in planning and implementation of small-scale construction works, mainly schools' construction/rehabilitation or community-based water and sanitation or related works.
- Previous experience of working effectively as part of an Education or WASH project team.
- Experience in supervision of contractors and contract administration.
- Effective use of computers – Word and Excel and preferably a design and drawing software
- Commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability
- Good knowledge of safety standards and legislation related to construction and rehabilitation in Yemen
- A good team worker willing to learn from others, listen and provide sound technical advice on construction that will benefit children
- Strong organizational and planning skills with good communication skills
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience and diplomacy
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Good background and understanding of gender equality issue.
To apply please visit the following link
-Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position.
- For the first time applying please click sign up and follow the instructions.
-Make sure filling all required information and attach a copy CV.
-Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.